Overview: A Carter Custom Millwork Door Assembler is responsible for assembling doors accurately to ensure a quality product is produced. This is accomplished by completing job orders as directed by the schedule with minimal supervision. Adheres to safety regulations when handling material and equipment. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- General understanding of door assembly
- General carpentry skills, is desirable
- Possess knowledge in using a variety of tools
- Ability to do repetitious work
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Set-up: Sets up equipment and picks and stages material for assembly. Reviews and analyzes work orders to ensure proper materials are provided and available.
- Assembly: Cuts components and ensures the accuracy of cuts. Assembles pre-hung interior doors based on designs provided. Follows all steps of door production and assembly including hinge and lockset prep, cutting and fastening jambs, stops and casings. Utilizes various templates and tools. Ensures orders are completed accurately and according to schedule and to customer’s specifications.
- Safety: Adheres to safety requirements when operating tools and equipment. Handles material in a safe and appropriate manner. Reports any defects or safety issues immediately.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 100 lbs. regularly without assistance
- Stooping and bending at the waist
- Occasional kneeling and crawling
- Pushing and pulling items of various weights and sizes multiple times daily
- Various assembly machinery
- Various power, air and hand tools
VETERAN FRIENDLY EMPLOYER