Are you ready to get your career on the right path? Build your Legacy here
Who We Are
At Pennings & Sons we take great pride in providing creative and outstanding solutions to our clients! After all we’ve been building character into homes for over 45 years. If you live in the Kalamazoo area, you’ve probably seen our trucks. Pennings and Sons has some exciting career opportunities. Come be a part of our outstanding team of talented and professional craftsmen. Here you will be supported to do your best work, encouraged to sharpen your skills, and master your craft. Being part our team you will hear our clients rave about the exceptional quality of our work, and you too can experience a feeling of deep satisfaction for a job well done! People often come to Pennings and Sons looking for a job and stay because they find a fulfilling career where they can learn and grow
Pennings & Sons is looking for a Skilled Carpenter to assist in our residential remodeling and building projects by doing a variety of construction tasks focused on framing and trim work. You will have opportunity to work independently and within team settings to produce great quality work for our clients, as you master your craft.
- Assist with all aspects in production of our jobs
- Learn and share constructions skills
- Assist in jobsite, shop, and vehicle clean up
- Assist in jobsite safety
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical and drug screen (REQUIRED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license (REQUIRED)
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 80lbs
- Must be willing to learn, adopt and follow company core values
- Must have 3-5 years of hands-on residential construction experience
- Good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and balance
- Confident enough to work at heights
- Able to read and understand warning signs and labels on a construction site
- Can interpret written instructions and specifications
- Have basic problem-solving and math skills
- The ability to interact and communicate appropriately with supervisor(s), management the crew, subcontractors, and clients.
What We Offer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay based on experience
Salary: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour
Compensation package may include vacation, paid holidays, medical coverage, uniforms (company shirts), and mileage reimbursement.
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance with Health Savings Account available
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Simple IRA
- Pediatric vision insurance
Typical hours are from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm; or less if hired as part time
Under normal conditions, the position is anticipated to be a 30-40 hour per week commitment. Periodically, the job will require extra effort and time which can result in work schedule alterations.
Choose a career that builds you up: Pennings & Sons is a place of professionalism, respect, and a positive perspective.
Be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and clients, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. Our core values are Honesty & Integrity, respectfulness, commitment to client satisfaction, positive perspective, and efficiency and productivity.
If you appreciate and exhibit our core values and have the above experience in residential construction and would like to join our team, please submit your resume.