The Kitchen Shop is a family owned company for over 70 years. We have 4 stores throughout the mid-Michigan that specialize in kitchen and bath design & sales. We offer a varies of choices from contemporary to traditional styles, along with service you won’t find anywhere else. Our showrooms show a range of styles in kitchen and bath displays. In our displays you will find products such as cabinetry, countertops, plumbing, cabinet hardware and appliances.
The Sales Design Consultant will utilize sales and design skills to deliver an experience worthy of The Kitchen Shop brand. This position will have both contractor and retail showroom sales responsibilities.
- Drive sales to meet and exceed sales targets set by Store Manager
- Conduct daily follow-up on outstanding quotes
- Develop repeat sales, new relationships and future business
- Ensure that each customer receives excellent service by providing a customer friendly and professional environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, and maintaining professional standards at all times.
- Follow-up on all sales to ensure customer satisfaction and service
- Help to maintain a well-organized and pleasing environment
- Administer sales process to ensure timely and accurate completion of all sales
- Process quotes and sales paperwork
- Contact vendors and shippers to track orders for customers
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager
- Proficiency in 20-20
- Undergraduate/trade school/design education preferred or in progress OR the ability to demonstrate hands-on learning through experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including retail hours, and occasional evening hours
- Highly personable, skilled at interacting with clients and prospects at a variety of knowledge and comfort levels
- Computer knowledge and skills with the ability to learn new systems