Vander Meulen Builders
Job Title: Carpenter
Reports To: Jack & Aaron VanderMeulen
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures. Must understand and build to local building codes. Have a working knowledge and the ability to apply basic carpentry skills. Able to do basic algebra and geometry. Communicate with employees and customers effectively. Must show good productivity, technical skills, craftsmanship, attitude, safety, dependability, people skills, organization, and problem resolution. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout.
- Marks, cuts, shapes and assembles materials.
- Constructs scaffolding and ladders.
- Keeps jobsite clean and organized
FRAMING AND ROUGH CARPENTRY
- Erects framework for structures and lays sub flooring.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter's level.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, and doorframes.
TRIM AND FINISH CARPENTRY
- Build and install cabinets.
- Installs flooring and lays protection cover over flooring.
- Fits and installs prefabricated weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Compensation is based on level of experience, with opportunities for apprentice carpenters, carpenters, and senior carpenters.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and tools. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Competitive salary
· Vacation and holiday
· Fully paid health, dental, and short-term disability insurance