Lead Carpenter / Job Supervisor
Build your legacy
Who We Are
At Pennings & Sons we take great pride in providing creative and outstanding solutions to our clients! After all we’ve been building character into homes for over 45 years. If you live in the Kalamazoo area, you’ve probably seen our trucks. Pennings and Sons has some exciting career opportunities. Come be a part of our outstanding team of talented and professional craftsmen. Here you will be supported to do your best work, encouraged to sharpen your skills, and master your craft. Being part our team you will hear our clients rave about the exceptional quality of our work, and you too can experience a feeling of deep satisfaction for a job well done! People often come to Pennings and Sons looking for a job and stay because they find a fulfilling career where they can learn and grow.
Pennings & Sons is looking for a Lead Carpenter / Job Supervisor to Manage residential remodeling and building projects from start to finish. Work independently and within team settings, to produce great quality work as you increase your skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Thorough attention to detail
- Maintain confidence & lead by example
- Residential Construction experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Maintain project timelines
- Supervising job sites and crew
- Ordering materials
- Reading Blueprints
- Framing / Trim work
- Installing windows/doors/cabinets
- Must have a valid driver’s license (REQUIRED)
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical and drug screen (REQUIRED)
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 80lbs
What We Offer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay based on experience
Salary: $20.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance with Health Savings Account available
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Simple IRA
- Pediatric vision insurance
Your craft has a home here: Pennings & Sons is a place of professionalism, respect, and premier craftsmanship.
Be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and clients, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. Our core values are Honesty & Integrity, respectfulness, commitment to client satisfaction, positive perspective, and efficiency and productivity.
If you appreciate and exhibit our core values and have the above experience in residential construction and would like to join our team, please submit your resume.