Summary: The Finish Carpenter (Construction) is a member of the renovation crew that renovates/turns apartments and completes other construction projects as assigned. The vast majority of the Finish Carpenter’s work will be interior. The individual is responsible for carrying out the physical labor required to complete the scope of work as directed by the Crew Leader. Specifically, the Finish Carpenter is responsible for floor prep (underlayment, leveling & repairs), cabinet installation, trim & moulding.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in renovating units for multi-family residential properties and other projects as assigned.
- Attention to the detail required to prepare an area for vinyl flooring
- Ability to install cabinets, cabinet knobs, toe kicks and side panels.
- Ability to measure, cut, mitre joints and install trim (base, shoe & case moulding)
- Skilled with compressor, electric and manual tools of the trade
- Understands and exhibits the importance of keeping carpentry tools and equipment in good working order.
- Read and follow directions.
- Follow instructions from the Crew Leader to complete work.
- Perform site clean-up, return unused materials to proper storage location.
- Actively engage in on-the-job training.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe and clean job site, secure the site upon leaving.
- Load and unload construction supplies and tools from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Assist crew leader and construction project managers as required.
- Assist with maintenance responsibilities as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Minimum 1-2 years finish carpentry experience
- Some rough carpentry experience is a plus
- Must be 18 years old with a valid driver license and reliable form of transportation.
- While a high school diploma is not required, the individual must be able to read, write, and perform mathematical equations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. May involve climbing a ladder, working in tight spaces, etc..
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work assignments might include an out of town assignment during the week with possible travel on weekends
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended periods of time standing, walking, stooping, bending, crouching and / or crawling in small spaces.
- Ability to climb ladders as needed
- Consistent use of hands, wrists and arms for general labor
- Ability to lift and/or move 50+ lbs. on a regular basis
- Great company, steady work, family environment, room for advancement
- $14 - $17 an hour based on experience
- 40hr work week
- Paid time off per employee manual
Medical & 401k options available after probationary period