At Mans, we believe that a great employee experience is a prerequisite to a great customer experience! That being said, come see why our employees love coming to work, and supporting the needs of our customers for an impressive four (4) generations.
As a Designer in Kitchen & Bath, you will be responsible for partnering with our retail and trade customers to create the kitchen and/or bath of their dreams. The ideal candidate will guide the client through the product selection, recommend design ideas, and deliver an exceptional experience. The Designer will have advanced computer-aided drafting skills utilizing 20/20 and possess broad knowledge of product categories, such as: cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing, etc. In addition, prospective candidates must be familiar with pricing multipliers and current lead times for all cabinet lines and countertop fabricators. Finally, candidates must be comfortable conducting job site visits and ensuring the customer is completely satisfied with their project. This is a great opportunity to build-on your rewarding career at an established company with an existing and loyal customer base. We aren’t looking for the ordinary -- we are looking for the extraordinary! Does this describe you? Then please keep reading:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Always maintain a professional, considerate attitude toward both internal and external customers.
- Assist every customer to the best of your ability or put them in contact with someone who can assist them.
- Generate business through walk in customers, incoming telephone calls, and going outside of the showroom to call on potential customers.
- Greet clients to the design center, gather information and qualify client by assessing their needs.
- Assist the customer with product selection using selection worksheet and speak to product and service features and benefits.
- Utilize 20/20 to create project drawings.
- Present design solution in a persuasive way; make expert recommendations that resonate with the client.
- Create Sign off packages for clients or utilize intern for these if applicable.
- Review sign off package in detail with client and get signature before ordering product.
- Specify appropriate materials and quantities for the projects.
- Conduct pre-construction site inspections and measurements.
- Conduct bid and prep proposal functions.
- Order project materials in Bistrack.
- Arrange project schedules, sub-contractor schedules and material deliveries.
- Act as the liaison between the customer, materials vendors and subcontractors.
- Answer phone calls coming to showroom. Provide excellent customer service.
- Accept ownership of client satisfaction and resolve client issues or inquiries.
- Complete product, sales, design, and customer service training as assigned.
- Assist with marketing activities, such as mailings.
- Assist with activities that potentially will increase sales, including but not limited to Mans promotions, Parade of Homes, and home shows.
- Be a student of the industry by attending NKBA, NARI, ASID, and HBA events.
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and poise
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation and self-discipline
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Naturally outgoing and an expressive individual who thrives in social settings
- Must be able to handle multiple projects proficiently with excellent follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to prioritize, work quickly, accurately and produce design projects within deadlines
- Highly motivated individual that is passionate about design, problem solver and success driven
- Proficiency in 20/20 Software, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong Sales Closing Skills
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field preferred; certification in CKD or AKBD preferred.