This position is responsible for providing solutions to customer inquiries, answering telephone inquiries and for the origination and presentation of material and project estimates within the scope of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the highest level possible of service to all customers with the main objective of creating relationships that endure
- Always endeavor to determine the type and scope of the project that initiated the inquiry
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly, using corporate procedures
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage, product prices and new products on the market
- Collect relevant information to support the objective of providing accurate project estimates in a timely and professional manner
- Handle minor complaints with the objective of solving the problem
- Complies with Company procedures on sales transactions, paperwork, refunds, credit memos, etc.
- Maintains stock, displays and housekeeping for assigned areas
- Complies with dress specified by Company policy
- Assists supervisor, other employees as needed
- Promotes team concept
- Pursue any and all other endeavors as directed by management
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- One year experience in retail sales
- Must have ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions and complete forms
- Must have ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must have ability to ask questions and gain knowledge
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have good telephone etiquette
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Reach over head to grasp materials
- Bend, stoop or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis
- Manual dexterity
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work inside in controlled temperature.
- Occasionally work in outside temperatures.
- Moderate normal noise level.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
PREFERRED EDUCATION (NOT REQUIRED): Some college or technical school experience in retailing.
Knowledge of building materials and procedures.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
- Valid driver’s license of the appropriate type class
- Insurability for driving