The Business Development Director is the lead representative of the company responsible for establishing new relationships with builders, developers, remodelers, and interior designers. In this role you will also be leading a sales team that is responsible for servicing, developing, and growing existing client relationships. A successful candidate will be both experienced and resourceful in networking, identification, acquisition, and development of new potential clients.
- Leading and supporting the outside sales team to acquire new B2B clients.
- Gathering information from prospects and existing clients; assessing needs; providing creative design concepts to meet needs; and presenting ideas in a compelling way.
- Developing deep and qualified sales pipeline.
- Track the sales cycle to see potential clients through the lifetime of their partnership with the company, and ensure they are satisfied every step of the way.
- Strategize new approaches for attracting clients and document qualified leads into CRM.
- Manage a pipeline for customer follow-up and a close ratio.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to prospective customers.
- Plan and organize a personal sales strategy with targeted B2B companies.
- Solicit feedback on products and services from prospects and customers.
- Partnering effectively with the sales team to coordinate meetings with prospective customers.
- Understanding customer needs and discovering opportunities that best position our products.
- Initiating proposals, negotiations, and presentations.
- Achieve assigned sales quotas at gross margin targets. Reporting sales metrics individually and as a group on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow-up to variety of inquiries and requests.
- Accept personal ownership of client satisfaction by resolving client issues or inquiries.
- Provide product demonstration for clients; emphasize product / service features and benefits.
- Collaborating in the creation of business development planning and forecasting sales targets.
- Participating in industry associations and client related events.
- Networking in local events and organizations such as NKBA, NARI, ASID, and HBA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent negotiation, prospecting, and closing skills.
- Effective and consistent use of consultative selling skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective relationship with B2B clients.
- PC Literacy to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interest in building products, and in particular the kitchen and bath industry.
- Flexibility to make off-hour client appointments and attend networking events.
- Translate a client’s functional needs and style preferences into the right product and work with the design and sales team to make creative and expert recommendations.
- Assess and uphold workplace etiquette, performance standards and organizational goals. Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of their words, actions, and written communication to choose what is most likely to reflect positively on themselves, their team and the company.
- Prioritize, plan and organize tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives on-time without sacrificing quality.
- May be relied upon to communicate in a timely manner with clients, suppliers, or team members; document follow up, and see projects and assignments through to successful completion.
- Ability to remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recover quickly from setbacks and maintain performance in the event of difficult situations.
- Take responsibility and action to control events, influence outcomes and prevent and solve problems. Be willing to make independent decisions to act and do more than required.